Friday, December 4, 2009

“Encouragement from ‘God’ – 101”…Blog.


“Encouragement from ‘God’ – 101”…Blog.



Recently someone said to me… “I haven’t had ‘any’ encouragement from anyone calling themselves a ‘Christian’ since I started posting here on Face Book.” Often times we may receive no encouragement from others. It can be disheartening to some and discouraging to others. So where does our encouragement come from? Or perhaps even a more complex question, “Where should we get our encouragement from?” Sorry FB does not give out… “Kudos!”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLOuYccDq4E


There are many songs… that address this problem. “You” were on my mind and “You” made it all seem ok. “You” were the one, that made the day, the troubles, the things and stress me… and “You” made it go away. Never once is the “Person” identified in this song or the many others that seem to… ‘Music Away’… our ‘pressures and trials’, of life. So too… many of us take this type of… “Positive Thinking”… to chase away our problems of life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0blSibcro8&NR=1


Could it be as simple as “Love”…? How about if you are single like I am? Where do I get my ‘validation’ for life? This is one of my favorite “60’s” songs. Often I have said, ‘Every song is a Sermon!’ In reality, many of us live in a… ‘Music’… frame of mind, drawing on songs to fulfill our emotional need for validation. Some drive a Corvette or even a Porsche for that validation. Still with others, it is their ‘career field’ that gives them validation. Oh yes, even one’s family can bring them that validation. But what happens when all our “Earthly Props”… are taken away…?

(1Samuel 30:3-to-6) And David and his men came to the city, and behold, it was burned with fire, and their wives and their sons and their daughters had been taken captives.
(1Sam 30:4) And David and the people with him lifted up their voice and wept, until they had no more power to weep.
(1Sam 30:5) And David's two wives had been seized, Ahinoam of Jezreel, and Abigail, the former wife of Nabal of Carmel.
(1Sam 30:6) And it greatly distressed David, for the people spoke of stoning him, because the soul of all the people was grieved, each one for his sons and for his daughters. = But = David = encouraged himself = in Jehovah = his God.

David, who was ‘to be’ the next, King of Israel… went through many trials of life. His band of 600 men returned from battle to find all their “Earthly Possessions”… taken away, even their wives and children. Perhaps take some time to read 1Samuel and see what took place. Please note the “KEY” for all encouragement. It is from “Jehovah God – Alone!” No one else, no other possession, for they were all gone. The houses burned with fire and their families taken, maybe, ‘never’ to be seen again. “But = David = encouraged himself = in Jehovah = his God”.

(Mark 1:35) And = in the morning, = rising up = a great while = before day, = He [Jesus] = went out, = and = departed = into a solitary place, = and = there prayed.


Do you meet with ‘Your’… “Heavenly Father”…? Christ Jesus had over… ‘12-plus hour’ …ministry days. His disciples were often with Him ‘when’ no one else was, always asking Him to explain His Parables. Is you day busy? Are there many demands on your time and emotions? Is there no hope of the lessoning of these demands and still you must go on? Perhaps you think that if something does not help you… very soon ‘you’ will… “Unravel and Come Apart?” Do you think your day was any more busy that that of “Christ Jesus”. He was always ‘hounded’ by the religious of His day, because He held forth the Truth of God’s Word.

(2Corinthains 4:16-17) That's why = we are not = discouraged. = No, = even if = our outer man = is wearing out, = our = inner man = is being renewed = day by day.
(2Cor 4:17) This light, = temporary nature = of our suffering = is producing = for us = an eternal weight of glory, = far beyond = any comparison,

When I was a new Christian… I heard a sermon on meeting with Christ in His Word… daily as He met with His Father [Mark 1:35]. I determined… ‘by the grace of God’… that I would ‘do’ the same. I planned to get up ‘one hour early’ and meet with Him in His Word, The Bible. I have done this even though, some times in my work life, I worked “8-10-12-hour days!” For over 30 plus years I have met with Him… ‘almost’ every morning… in His Word.

(1Samuel 3:21) And = Jehovah = appeared again = in Shiloh. = For = Jehovah = revealed = Himself = to Samuel = in Shiloh = by = the Word = of Jehovah.


Where did my strength… come from when I had cancer surgery and radiation? What did I do when I was unemployed for a year? What happened when I just about ‘lost my leg’ from a simply arthroscopic surgery that got infected…? All these trials and many more… were simply from the Lord and are common… to ‘all’ mankind. Yet in all these, the Word of God… gave me the inner strength and encouragement… “To keep on keeping on!”

Once I cried because I had ‘no’ shoes… and then I saw a man… that had ‘no’ feet…!


(Job 2:10) But he = said to her, = You speak as = one of the foolish ones speak. = What? = Shall we receive good = at the hand of God, = and shall we not receive evil? = In all this = Job did not = sin with his lips.

Where does your ‘Encouragement’… come from? If it does not come from The Lord and His Word… then what you use… is not going to help you through the trials of life. People, family, things, songs and the like are “Absolutely No Substitute”… for the ‘Word of God’. All those other ‘things’ will pass away, then what will you have? Perhaps a refocus on the Truth of God and His Word…?

(Matthew 24:35) The heaven = and the earth = shall = pass away, = but = My Words = shall ‘not’ = pass away.

Have you ever planned… for an extended vacation or trip? Or perhaps, the purchase of a car or a house? It took some ‘definite’ planning. IF you want to meet with Christ in His Word, so you too… have to plan it out. The children of Israel got Manna in the morning before the sun arose. After that, it evaporated [Exodus 16]. So too, when we make plans to meet with Christ in His Word, we must make it a “Priority”. Someone said to me, “I am not a ‘Morning’ person, how do you, expect me to get up early? You do, when you are on vacation, don’t you? Besides I am not your ‘Mother’… you have to get up yourself. …LOL!


(1Corinthains 9:25-26-27) Everyone who enters =an athletic contest = practices self-control = in everything. = They do it to win = a wreath that dies, = but we = to win one = that never dies.
(1Cor 9:26) That is = the way I run, = with a clear goal in mind. = That is = the way I box, = not like someone = punching the air.
(1Cor 9:27) No, = I keep on = beating my body = and making it = my slave = so that, after = I have preached = to others, = I myself will = not somehow = be disqualified.

“Self Discipline”… is what anyone needs to excel in ‘any’ area of Life! You have to motivate your “You”… if your, meeting with God in His Word, is important to you…? God does not force Himself and His Truth from His Word, the Bible… on “Anyone”. We simply have, ‘Free Will’… and with that we chose to ‘meet’ with Him… or… “Not?” It takes a… ‘priority thinking’… in life to do anything worthwhile. Do you need encouragement from God and His Word. He is ‘Not’… Santa… and will not give it to you… if you are ‘not’ going to find it there in His Word.

(Jeremiah 29:13) And = you shall seek Me = and find Me, = when you search for Me = with = “all” = your heart.

(Proverbs 1:7) The fear of Jehovah = is the beginning of knowledge; = but fools = despise wisdom = and = instruction.
I use a Giant Print [18 point] Bible… because there is lots of room on the pages to make ‘my’ notes. In addition I also have a note pad to write down special verses so that I may memorize them. You may be given a ‘special’ insight to God’s Truth, as your make your way through The Word of God. You may go to Bible School… or you can allow the “Holy Spirit” to teach you… directly from the Word. I prefer the second, as many hold to the opinions of others. I prefer, what God has said Himself… in His Word. Remember Christ Jesus said… “It Is Written!”
(John 16:13-14-15) However, = when He, = the Spirit of Truth, = has come, = He = will guide you = into all Truth. = For = He shall not = speak of Himself, = but whatever = He hears, = He shall speak. = And = He will reveal = to you = things to come.
(John 16:14) He will glorify Me, = for He will receive = of Mine = and will reveal it = to you.
(John 16:15) All things = that the Father has = are Mine. = Therefore = I said that = He = will take of Mine = and will = reveal it = to you.

One day I stopped by… a Christian Bookstore, to examine a Bible before I went and searched on line for a better price. Thousands of Books, by Thousands of Authors… “All”… trying to tell you about God and His Word. Those that have the Holy Spirit by being Born Again… simply can allow “Him”… to teach you… “God’s Truth from God’s Word”. One simple question, “Do you want an opinion from another, however ‘right or wrong’ it may be…?” Or would you be taught by God’s Holy Spirit… from the Word of God…? “Free Will = You Choose!”

(Psalms 119:97-to-104) MEM: Oh how I love Your Law! It is my meditation all the day.
(Psalms 119:98) Through Your Commandments You make me wiser than my enemies, for they are ever with me.
(Psalms 119:99) I have more understanding than all my teachers; for Your testimonies are my prayer.
(Psalms 119:100) I understand more than the old men, because I keep Your Commandments.
(Psalms 119:101) I have kept my feet from every evil way, so that I might keep Your Word.
(Psalms 119:102) I have not departed from Your judgments; for You have taught me.
(Psalms 119:103) How sweet are Your Words to my taste! More than honey to my mouth!
(Psalms 119:104) Through Your Commandments I get understanding; therefore I hate every false way.

http://truth459.blogspot.com/2009/03/which-bible-101.html


Where do I start…? I have been asked that question many times. I suggest that you first read the Gospel of Luke. It is full of systematically aligned Truths about the ministry of Christ, as Luke was a Physician. Matthew looks at the life of Christ from a Jewish Mindset, revealing that Christ Jesus is the promised Messiah. Set you length of reading with a timer, i.e. the microwave timer. You can’t run long distance till you are in shape. Plan your time with Christ in His Word!

http://truth459.blogspot.com/2009/04/bible-101-simple-understaning-about-it.html


One final thing…? You need to ‘prepare’ your heart, before any Bible Study. Please see… “2Chronicles 12:14 and Ezra 7:10”. I start my day with my hot coffee, my favorite chair and Bible. I meet with Christ and ‘Our Father’… in His Word… as He met with His Father… “Mark 1:35!” Perhaps start this discipline… and you will have your Encouragement… from Him and… not from other people or things.

Thank you for Your “EAR [Job 12:11]!” Roger //Email// atruth459@yahoo.com


Home Page: http://truth459.blogspot.com/


Ende…!